Before I had Isabel, I looked high and low for a cotton bubble romper sewing pattern. I found one from one of the Big Pattern Manufacturers but it had a zipper down the back. I hate sewing zippers! The other day, I came across the perfect pattern from Puperita on Etsy.
I sewed version A with the buttons on the shoulders though I made a few adjustments. I lined the top instead of bias binding the edges. It was just a little quicker and easier for me than doing the binding. I also used KAM snap instead of buttons because I don't like sewing button holes! Instead of binding the leg openings, I shirred them with some soft elastic. This is a really great pattern with and is easy to customize to your liking. It's hot here already so I think I'll be making quite a few of these this summer!
Here's the photo from Puperita so you can see the changes I made.
I made the one Izzy is wearing in chambray but also bought some gingham and some pastel, summery checker fabric. I'd like to get some nice eyelet too... I am totally addicted to sewing baby clothes.