Retro Lingerie...

Monday, February 15, 2010

This project seemed to be doomed from the start...

About a year ago I found this vintage lingerie pattern. I opened it up today, thinking it would be an easy sew, however the pieces were all cut up and missing. I basically had to wing the lower half, but it worked out really well.

Anyway, I managed to re-draft the lower half as well as the lace inserts. I realized while doing it, I had completely forgotten how to draft a crotch seam. It worked out pretty well in the end, a little snug, but I think I can adjust the snaps...

The second and most major mishap occurred while I was pressing the back seam; My iron decided to spit rusty water all over the back. Luckily, little vinegar and water got it out eventually, and the whole thing turned out pretty darn cute.

Sometimes it seems like things are just destined to not work out... but you plough through it, and somehow, in the end, you wind up with a really cute vintage bodysuit.

I'm excited to wear this to bed tonight! I put it on this afternoon and felt like some kind of retro starlette. I'm excited about sleeping, not so excited about getting up and going to work tomorrow. Not so excited that I only have two more weeks with Dan here, before he has to go back to work. I really want to move, but getting all of the pieces in place seems to be more difficult than I had hoped. I miss home, my little sunshine city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger