I am so so so excited! Anna, from A Few Threads Loose, came to me with a great idea - a co-sew along! If you haven't seen Anna's Etsy shop yet, she sells the best selection of vintage patterns and pdfs.
So, what will we be sewing? Lingerie, of course!
We have decided to start by tackling this amazing French Corset Garter Belt. Anna and I will both be posting instructions on our blogs and will be focusing on different techniques and embellishments you can use to make your garter belt truly unique!
To start off our Sew Along, Anna is giving away a pdf of the pattern above AND this beautiful bra pattern that we are hoping to Sew Along next! Head on over to A Few Threads Loose for a chance to win both patterns! Anna is also offering 15% off using coupon code "OOHLALA".
Once you get your pattern - choose from either the single Pattern, or the Sew Along Kit (which comes with both patterns, and a vintage lingerie sewing booklet pdf) - there are a few things you will need:
1. Garter Clips - you can find these easily online, or in larger fabric shops
2. Eyelets and Eyelet punch, or 1/2 yard of hook and eye tape
3. Boning (optional)
4. 2 1/2 yards of fabric will do your corset & bra
5. 3 yards of bias binding OR 1 yard of contrast fabric for contrasting bone channels and bias binding
6. 2 yards of ribbon or cord for lacing (eyelet version only)
7. 1/2 yard of ribbon or elastic for attaching garter clips
8. Lace, Bows, Appliqués and embellishments of your choice (optional)
Anna will be working with a vintage peach satin for her garter belt. I will be using a blue & white cotton with pink satin accents, and white lace ruffles. I will demonstrate how to add contrasting bone channels, and how to reinforce your eyelet lacing to prevent any "scrunching" in the back. The laced garter belt will require some extra boning and a small piece of interfacing.
I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with!!!