Ginger Bodysuit to Maxi Dress

Friday, July 27, 2012


So I got this awesome tie-dyed knit in the clearance section last weekend. It's been so hot here lately, maxi dresses have been the only thing I've wanted to wear.  They are light and airy, cool, comfy, and look more put together than shorts and tank tops.  I used the Ginger Pattern to cut this dress, with a very simple pattern manipulation.

Cut the bust cups as you normally would - I did not line mine.  I overlapped the Centre front and Side Front 1" (because each piece has 1/2" S.A.), and eyeballed how I wanted the side seams to lay.  You could just as easily make this a princess seam dress.  I extended my side seam down as long as I wanted the dress, gently curved the hem, then did the same to the back.



As I mentioned, I did not line the cups of this dress, I finished the edges with fold over elastic.  You could just as easily line the cups alone, or simply fold under.



Comfy!  Now... just needs some accessories.

1 comment:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger